Consultancy for Finalization of the Draft Integrated Community Case Management Of Childhood Illnesses Implementation Plan
World Health Organization African Region Office Of The Who Representative For Zambia has invited tenders for Consultancy for Finalization of the Draft Integrated Community Case Management Of Childhood Illnesses Implementation Plan. Tendersontime, a leading business leading Online Tender Notice Portals is the first agency to report this notification.
The World Health Organization (WHO) office in Zambia wishes to recruit a suitably qualified. experienced, capable and self-motivated consultant to finase the Draft Community Case Management of Childhood Illnesses (iCCM) Implementation Plan.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Building on the Implementation of community IMCI, introduced in 1996. and to address timely access to and use of curative services for the leading causes of under-five mortality for °hard- to- reach populations” with limited access to health facilities. Zambia adopted the integrated Community Case Management of Childhood Illnesses (iCCM) in May.2010. Zambia has scored a number of successes and challenges have been noted during the implementation of iCCM. This has prompted the Ministry of Health (MoH) to develop a scale up implementation plan that will give guidance not only to the Ministry, but to the partners supporting iCCM to systematically approach the scaling up of community health workers that are needed to improve the health of children at the community level. The ICCM Implementation plan Is modeled after the WHO Planning Handbook for caring for newborns and children in the Community (2014), resource for national and district managers to plan and improve delivery of community based care.
To provide intensive support to MCDMCH and partners in finalizing the draft iCCM Implementation plan for community health workers. The consultant under the guidance of WCO NPO/CAH will work with the Chief IMCI National Officer and the IMCI Technical Working Group.
Scone of Work
- A desk review will be carried out align the iCCM scale-up plan with other relevant policies, strategies, guides and plans for maternal and child health. This will include review of existing national documents from government and partners reports on the implementation of iCCM by partners that share successes and challenges.
- Cost the implementation plan working with the program officers and the technical working group
- Identification of indicators that will be monitored routinely, by the HMIS and the national level, to enable the national level and districts plan using data collected
- Interact with the different stakeholders for iCCM to ensure inclusiveness in the finalization of the document
- Health background, preferably with MPH
- Familiar with the key maternal, newborn and child health policies and strategies
- Familiar with IMCI strategy and has experience in the implementation of IMCI
- Experience in implementation of the iCCM wilt be an advantage
- Familiar with the ER, Nutrition and maternal health policies, strategies and programs
- Experience with Coating of strategic or implementation plans will be an added advantage
Level of Effort
The level of effort for the experts will be 15 working days. The consultant under the guidance of WCO NPO/CAH will work with the Chief IMCI National Officer and the IMCI Technical Working Group, Timeline, 10 — 29 July 2016
Interested candidates should submit their CV and letter of application to: The WHO Representative UN Annex, Andrew Mwenya/Beit Roads, P. 0. Box 32346, LUSAKA
Deadline for receiving applications will be 1 July 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged.
Tendersontime, the world’s largest Procurement / Tenders Search Engine , would like to inform all interested firms, joint ventures and companies who participate in such projects, to use this opportunity and expand their business.
Global Tenders Services Pvt. Ltd
Address * 25- D, CGHS, Ujjawal Apartment, Bijli, Vikash Puri, New Delhi-110059
Phone * +91-921 808 8010
Email * email@example.com
Website * http://www.tendersontime.com/