Consultancy Services for Tariff Study For The Water and Sewerage
Reference No. : LWSIP II/Comp III/C/22-2016
The Government of Lesotho has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Additional Financing to the Water Sector Improvement Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for undertaking a COST OF SERVICE AND TARIFF STUDY FOR THE WATER AND SEWERAGE COMPANY. Tendersontime, a leading business leading Tender Notice Portals is the first agency to report this notification.
The objective of the consulting services (“the Services”) is to assist Water and Sewerage Company to:
- a) Better reflect and support its revenue requirements,
- h) More fairly allocate its cost-of-service among customer classes, and
- c) benefit from a rate structure design that will allow the utility to provide high quality customer services for at least the medium (five years) to long term (ten to fifteen years)
The consulting services (“the Services”) are expected to include the following tasks/duties/activities:
- a) Cost of service allocation
- b) Revenue requirement
- c) Tariff structure design
- d) Tariff determination methodology
- e) Training
The Water Commission now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria include:
- Evidence of registration from the firm’s home country
- The firm’s core business
- Relevant experience
- Technical and managerial capacity – including an organogram or narrative of the firm
- Cost and magnitude of similar assignments undertaken
- Experience in -the SADC Region.
- The available experts with relevant qualifications and experience in similar assignments.
The assignment is expected to be undertaken over a period
of 6 months .The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants) by World Bank Borrowers (Revised January, 2011) (“Consultant Guidelines”).
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours [0800 to 1630 hours local time]
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form, in five (5) copies and one (1) electronic copy in a SEALED ENVELOPE LABELLED “Expression of Interest -Consultancy Services for COST OF SERVICE AND TARIFF STUDY FOR THE WATER AND SEWERAGE COMPANY” with the name of the firm on the reverse side of the envelope, to the address below in person or by post or courier by October 101h, 2016, no later than 1530hrs. Submissions made by email will not be accepted.
Tendersontime, the world’s Procurement Search Engine , would like to inform all interested firms, joint ventures and companies who participate in such projects, to use this opportunity and expand their business.